- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of both in-house and client databases.
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs
Required Skills or Experience
- A Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- In depth SQL Server, Oracle Database Administration experience.
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- Experience of Transactional SQL, and DTS stored procedures.
- Practical experience in managing the internal and external MS SQL database security
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Analytical Thinking – Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Persistence – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Leadership – Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
- Social Orientation – Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job
Fraud Alert!Our attention has been drawn to the fact that some persons are using our job website to perpetuate fraud. They typically register and submit jobs for review ... Read more.