7th June 2013
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of both in-house and client databases.
- Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs
Required Skills or Experience
- A Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- In depth SQL Server, Oracle Database Administration experience.
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- Experience of Transactional SQL, and DTS stored procedures.
- Practical experience in managing the internal and external MS SQL database security
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Analytical Thinking – Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Persistence – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Leadership – Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
- Social Orientation – Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job
Other Jobs Listed by the Company