- You are here today: Jobs in Ghana » Jobs in Accra. » Job tags: Vacancy at Institute of Local Government Studies 2014. » Deputy Director at Institute of Local Government Studies
Deputy Director at Institute of Local Government Studies
Institute of Local Government Studies
Job Title - Short
Experience (in years)
The Institute of Local Government Studies (ILGS) is mandated to build the capacities of staff and members of Ghana’s local government authorities.
- Assist the Director of ILGS in the performance of’ the Director’s functions.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Campus to which he/she has been assigned responsibilities.
Required Skills or Experience
i. Academic Qualifications:
- Hold a Doctorate Degree in Public Administration, Local Government Administration or in any other relevant discipline; from a reputable University;
- Possess a Researched Masters Degree in Public Administration, Local Government Administration or any other related discipline; as well as other relevant post-graduate academic qualifications
- Be a member of a professional recognised body.
Doctorate Degree: A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience, five years of which must have been in a top management position in a similar institution
Researched Masters Degree with Other Relevant Post Graduate Academic Qualifications:
A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience of which five (5) years must have been in a management position.
a. Technical Competencies
- Good knowledge of local governance, public administration and development management.
- Strategy formulation and management skills
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Proposal writing skills
b. Managerial Competencies
- Ability to plan, organise and co-ordinate
- Ability to negotiate, network and advocate effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to raise funds,
- Ability to monitor, control and supervise the use of
- Ability to motivate subordinates,
- Ability to work under pressure.
c. Desired Personality Traits
- Integrity and honesty.
- Self-management, self-motivation and self-development capacities
- Results oriented
- Good human relations and communication skills.
As approved for senior members of the Institute by the Council
Fraud Alert!Our attention has been drawn to the fact that some persons are using our job website to perpetuate fraud. They typically register and submit jobs for review ... Read more.