- You are here today: Jobs in Ghana » Jobs in Accra. » Job tags: Vacancy at Institute of Local Government Studies 2014. » Deputy Director at Institute of Local Government Studies
Full Job Details>>>
Deputy Director at Institute of Local Government Studies
Institute of Local Government Studies
Job Title - Short
Experience (in years)
The Institute of Local Government Studies (ILGS) is mandated to build the capacities of staff and members of Ghana’s local government authorities.
- Assist the Director of ILGS in the performance of’ the Director’s functions.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Campus to which he/she has been assigned responsibilities.
Required Skills or Experience
i. Academic Qualifications:
- Hold a Doctorate Degree in Public Administration, Local Government Administration or in any other relevant discipline; from a reputable University;
- Possess a Researched Masters Degree in Public Administration, Local Government Administration or any other related discipline; as well as other relevant post-graduate academic qualifications
- Be a member of a professional recognised body.
Doctorate Degree: A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience, five years of which must have been in a top management position in a similar institution
Researched Masters Degree with Other Relevant Post Graduate Academic Qualifications:
A minimum of 10 years relevant working experience of which five (5) years must have been in a management position.
a. Technical Competencies
- Good knowledge of local governance, public administration and development management.
- Strategy formulation and management skills
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Proposal writing skills
b. Managerial Competencies
- Ability to plan, organise and co-ordinate
- Ability to negotiate, network and advocate effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to raise funds,
- Ability to monitor, control and supervise the use of
- Ability to motivate subordinates,
- Ability to work under pressure.
c. Desired Personality Traits
- Integrity and honesty.
- Self-management, self-motivation and self-development capacities
- Results oriented
- Good human relations and communication skills.
As approved for senior members of the Institute by the Council