University Of Ghana
31st july 2013
The Institute of Continuing and Distance Education (ICDE) focuses on continuing professional development and lifelong learning opportunities for education, training and development of adults. The Institute offers students the flexibility of online learning to complete some of their coursework within specified time frames to enable them balance their professional, family and personal commitments.
Like any other department of the University of Ghana, ICDE performs three (3) main functions, aimed at advancing Adult, Continuing and Distance Education
- Teaching Courses leading to Diploma, BA, MA, M Phil, PHD in Adult Education; MA/M, Phil in HIV and AIDS Management; MA in Distance Education and E- Learning
- Research across multidisciplinary social sciences areas
- Embarking on community services in diverse ways which embrace non-formal education programmes in Health, family life, community education, literacy. Training for community improvement, public lectures, conferences, residential schools as the New Year and Eater Schools
Qualification & Experience
- A PhD in any of the following areas; Adult Education, Distance Education, E-Learning, Curriculum Development, Community Development, Education Management and Administration, Instructional Design, Educational Technology
- A strong analytical, computer and communication skills
- An inclination to publish or a record of publishing in international peer reviewed journals
- A desire to teach in a distance education mode as he/she will be encouraged to develop on-line courses (web-based) and/or web-enhanced instruction
Fraud Alert!Our attention has been drawn to the fact that some persons are using our job website to perpetuate fraud. They typically register and submit jobs for review ... Read more.