- Reports To:
- Responsible for the effective management and
maintenance of the Company’s network/server infrastructure and security
systems to support business operations and satisfy clients’ needs in a
timely and professional manner.
- Scope of work includes monitoring the installation,
configuration and testing of the overall network system to facilitate the
operations of the Company.
IT Strategy & Policy Development
- Participate in the development of strategy/business
plan for the Technology Department and monitor its implementation within
- Participate in the development of policies, Standards
Operating Procedures (SOPs), work plan and other support systems including
monitoring mechanisms in managing the Technology Department of the Company
to achieve targeted objectives.
IT Infrastructure Design & Management
- Plan and develop IT infrastructure requirements and
technical specifications based on existing projects and future computing
needs/requirements to facilitate purchases for the Company’s operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that Company’s network
infrastructure/security and its associated technology operate effectively
and efficiently within agreed targets and deliver a secured platform to
carry out the Company’s business.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance,
development and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs,
WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, etc.
- Oversee the installation and configuration of hardware,
software (i.e. PCs, laptops, Printers, Scanners, etc.) and other
peripherals in an efficient and effective manner to facilitate business
- Conduct research and make recommendations on IT
products/services, protocols and standards in support of all infrastructure
procurement and development efforts.
- Manage service level agreements, service measurements
and service reports with business units.
- Develop for review and approval Disaster Recovery
drills/strategies and/or Business Continuity Plans and implement same to
safeguard the Company’s information/data.
- Act as the Company’s third line IT expert and deliver
solutions to complex technical issues as appropriate.
- Provide an effective, reliable and protected
communications infrastructure that conforms to industry best practice to
support all corporate computer systems with the Company.
- Provide troubleshooting solutions in times of IT
disasters in the Company to ensure timely remedies.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Prepare for approval Request for Proposals (RFPs), bid
documents, contracts, scope of work and other documentation for IT
infrastructure projects for the Company.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcing companies and
contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Plan and deploy IT hardware and other supporting
equipment to operational areas as approved by Chief Technology Officer
- Coordinate and supervise ongoing performance tuning
hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required.
- Conduct feasibility studies on various upgrade
projects, improvements and other conversions and submit findings to CTO
for further action.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated
approaches for system administration tasks.
- Responsible for the maintenance/management of the
Company’s IT assets; including maintenance of component inventory and
- Conduct regular reviews and testing of back-up systems,
disaster recovery systems and update Business Continuity plan to ensure
the integrity of the Company’s electronically held information/data.
- Test and monitor network/server performance and provide
performance statistics/reports to support the development of strategies
for maintaining network/IT infrastructure to satisfy changing client
- Monitor the implementation and adherence of approved IT
Infrastructure governance, policies and regulations to ensure maximum
protection of the Company’s IT systems and operations.
- Investigate IT related issues and recommend corrective
actions as appropriate.
- Monitor to ensure strict adherence to IT standards in
line with approved guidelines/principles and international best practices.
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring Service
Level Agreements (SLA) of the Company’s operations to ensure high system
availability by Service Providers.
- Monitor to ensure that the Company is protected against
IT intrusion and other attacks e.g. illegal database updates, viruses,
Information & Reporting
- Stay abreast with legislations, rules/regulations, new
and emerging developments in the IT sector and advice on new
trends/practices and its related business initiatives to enhance IT
projects and infrastructure to facilitate the operations of the Company.
- Develop comprehensive database of all IT
infrastructure, equipment and tools to track and monitor their usage.
- Prepare weekly WAN status reports as well as periodic
and monthly reports on issues relating to IT infrastructure.
Remuneration is attractive
Skills And Experience
- Master’s degree in Management Information Systems,
Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Membership of a recognized professional body in IT.
- Seven (7) years relevant working experience with at
least 3 years in management position.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the implementation
of IT security tools and techniques.
- Good working Knowledge and understanding of Information
Governance and its application within IT.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current
network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Experience in application support with proven knowledge
in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Considerable knowledge/understanding of various aspects
of IT infrastructure.
- Ability to investigate and diagnose problems in a wide
range of IT systems.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in operating and
- Good knowledge/understanding of data and
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong managerial, coaching and interpersonal skills in
a “team” setting.